Saturday, May 4, 2013

Nursery


 Gray's fabulous painting he did for the baby.
As soon as I knew I was going to use clouds, I had to order this blabla pillow.
The same girl who made Gray's crib bedding, made this set also. She is amazing. www.makemestudio.blogspot.com The cloud in corner is from a store on etsy called The Butter Flying.

OBSESSED with these prints.
IKEA dresser, new hardware. Cheap, which means I won't feel bad when I'm tired of looking at it in a few years.

I really wanted that tree print for my bumper but the fabric isn't sold in bulk. It's from a small Swedish company that makes the best stuff. The pillows may end up in my bedroom, I love them so much. 




 It's hard to decorate a nursery when you don't know the sex of the baby. I have to admit though, I really wanted this nursery to be plain and simple and not knowing the sex kept me away from too much color. 

Black and white and gray are my favorite colors to decorate with these days (which is why Gray and the new nursery are done in them.) I wanted a soothing room without clutter. I hate clutter. It makes me nuts. I like for everything to have a place to live (OCD).

The painting above the crib was done by Gray. I will have to post a picture of a piece of art we have in our living room that we actually paid for. They are very similar. I didn't know how Gray's was going to turn out, but once we got the nursery put together, we realized we needed something on that wall. Wanting Gray to feel like he contributed, I bought him a large canvas. He LOVES to paint on canvas, something about it is so much more motivating than paper. We had to talk a few times about why we were only using one color of paint before he got started (he typically wants every color we own.) Surprisingly, he didn't complain once about having to paint only with black. He did start to wander before it was officially "done," so we put everything away and revisited it later that night.

1/2 tube acrylic paint and 1 canvas later, I got exactly what I had hoped for. A piece of art made by my favorite artist for his little brother or sister. The best part is that Gray will proudly tell you he painted it for the baby. Man, I love that kid. 

Hope the baby loves the room as much as we do! 

3 weeks and counting...CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU BABY!






No comments:

Post a Comment