Monday, October 17, 2011

Treat Yo' Self!

My drink at The Kitchen [Upstairs]. Bulleit bourbon, absinth, ginger...POTENT!
My big surprise!
My new favorite beer.
Drew picking out our delicious bottle of wine
Bastianich Vespa Bianco 2008
“Zlikrofi”
Munson Farm Squash and Amaretti
“Maiale Arrosto”
Eden Farm Pork Loin, Sweet Potato, Maple, Hazelnut and Sage

“TORTA DI PERA”
First Fruits Farm Red Bartlett Pear, Hazelnut, Caramel and Mascarpone Gelato

6 years!
Drew and I celebrated our 6 year anniversary on Saturday! The plan was to go to Potager (our favorite place in Denver) for dinner. Once we got there Drew circled a few blocks trying to "find a parking spot." After circling a few times he drove off saying..."I know where we can park!" He proceeded through downtown Denver over towards The Highlands (another neighborhood in town with great places to eat.) I guessed we were going to a new place (Linger) that we have been wanting to try. On our way over, he said..."I can't remember how to get there from here," and took the on ramp to I-25 north. Once this happened, I knew we were going to Boulder, although I still didn't know where we were eating. I have been wanting to eat at The Kitchen and Frasca for a long time now, so I was hoping for one of those! Once we got there we started walking towards The Kitchen and Drew said "We are going upstairs for a drink and then we will be leaving. We have somewhere to be at 9:00." At that point I figured it was Frasca. If I know anything about Frasca, it's that it is hard to get a table without waiting weeks and you settle for late reservation times just for the chance to experience the food!

It was AMAZING! We had such a wonderful time. It was truly the best anniversary gift I could have asked for ( i live for amazing food/wine experiences.) We had so much fun! Our saying from the night was "Treat Yo' Self!" If you watch "Parks and Rec" you will laugh. Probably the best line EVER on TV. We must have said it a hundred times, hence my post title.

I am married to the coolest man alive. No doubt.


No comments:

Post a Comment