Wednesday, August 24, 2011

First Birthday- details!



Gray's invitations were made by my friend Megan! Her work is amazing and I encourage you to use her if you are ever in need of custom stationary/invitations.
rubythefox.com
envelope liner

This wreath was so easy to make...I think it only took about an hour!
I had to make use of Gray's birthday tie photos! The entry way seemed like a great space!
The "Grayson" picture was a gift from Grandaddo and Nanny Unthank! Below his name are words that describe him. What an amazing gift! I made custom hats with all of the kids initials on them. Most of them never were worn, but that's ok!Streamers galore! These were really easy to make also! I had to order sheets of crepe paper because I couldn't find it anywhere in Denver...and then the cutting began!

Doc Popcorn...a favorite in our house!

My sister-in-law, Kristen made the sangria and it was delicious!
I sent out all of these postcards so people could write Gray a little note for him to read later in life...we didn't get them all back. It is supposed to say "I'm so glad you were born."
This is my favorite detail photo!

Army of Gray's. I had a girl photoshop the hat on Gray's photo and then we printed, cut, and glued. Let.me.tell.you. Those hats and ears were a pain in the butt!

Sweet bar.



My mom made the cake pops...she was such a huge help!
Hammond's candy!


Time consuming, yes. But Gray needed a banner!
Speaking of time consuming...those dot streamers took forever!!!!
I started working on them in June! Ridiculous, I know!

Photo booth box, thanks to Drew!!!!
The pictures from the booth will be up sometime in the next couple of days!

Photo booth props!




I know most of you think the amount of time put into Gray's first birthday party is crazy. I know that most of you are saying in your head "He is only 1, he will never remember this." Well, it is true, he won't remember it. But Drew will. I will. His grandparents will. His Uncle and Aunt will. His friends will. You see, a first birthday party (to me) is not for the child turing 1. It is for the parents, friends and family. It is a celebration of life. It is a celebration for "making it" through all of the challenges you face in the first year. It is a way to say "Thank you" to everyone who has contributed to your babies life. For Drew and I and Gray, it was a perfect day. We loved every second with all of our friends, and family. Thank you all for making it such an amazing day.

A special thank you to my brother for taking photos of all of the details. I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off and if it weren't for him, I wouldn't have any photos!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!






4 comments:

  1. SO fun! I can't believe he's already one. Where did it go? We should get together one of these days, now that I'm back in Denver! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Kristy, this looks so amazing. I am sure it was a perfect day. Congrats on a fabulous first year and a fabulous little man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Everything was pure perfection!! You did an amazing job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A woman after my own heart! I am a party-loving-decorating-machine... similar to you. This party looks like it was awesome!! WOW!! Great job... love it!

    ReplyDelete