Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bittersweet...




It's a sad day. Gray's "At Home" breakfast PJ's are too small for him. These PJ's have a special place in my heart. As soon as I found out we were having a boy, I went out and bought these pj's (along with this silly rattle) for Gray. I remember buying them and thinking about how cute our little boy would be in them on a Saturday morning, snuggling by a fire. Now, my little baby is too big for them. It almost makes me want to cry. Silly, I know.

And so I say, "Bittersweet" because now Gray has new pair of PJ's that I love. My parents gave these Tea PJ's to Gray and they couldn't be cuter. Whenever they are clean, they are the ones I reach for. You might say, "Who cares they are only PJ's?" But for me, it's the last thing I see Gray in at the end of the day and the first thing I see him in at the start of the next day. When I see him in them, they make me smile even bigger.

Make me smile items...

*Cute PJ's

(At Home Xmas pj's from g.ma and g.pa unthank)

*Baby socks that look like shoes
(I sent this picture to my mom before Gray was born to show her how big of a problem I had. The sad thing is, that isn't all of them.) :)
*Patagonia for babies
(Our friends Sara and Geoff sent this amazing coat for Gray after he was born. We've been waiting for the day he would fit into it!)
*Anything that reminds me of Drew on a smaller scale
(This has given me a great idea for a future post....stay tuned.)
*Cute hats
(Gray could never have enough.)
*Baby butts in skinny jeans
(especially my baby)
*Anything totally impractical for a baby
(like Gray's cashmere sweater from his g.pa and g.ma Unthank. I mean, come on...what baby doesn't want to wear a cashmere hoodie? It's my FAVORITE! I wish I had the same one in my size.)
*Cardigans
(I guess this could go under both "Totally impractical" and "Small Scale Drew" items.)


No comments:

Post a Comment