Tuesday, May 22, 2012

T-shirt Tuesday!

Scary or comforting thought? :)
Every time I put Gray in this t-shirt it makes me think...what will he be when he grows up? Will he show people respect? Will he be kind and generous? Will he be outgoing, fun and likeable? Will he be athletic? Will he love music, art and books? I hope for all of these things and so much more. But whatever he becomes, however he turns out, I will love him and be there for him until my dying day. That is what being a mom is all about. 

I try to remind myself that how I raise Gray(treat him/love him/discipline him/socialize him/teach him) will without a doubt have an affect on the person he will become, the person that could someday change the world (obviously I have high hopes.) 

Reminds me of a line from "Greatest Love of All," when Whitney sings...
 I believe the children are our future
Teach them well and let them lead the way
Show them all the beauty they possess inside
Give them a sense of pride to make it easier
Let the children's laughter remind us how we used to be

To the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment