Monday, May 7, 2012

T-shirt Tuesday.

I am a huge Beastie Boys fan. They are one of my favorite bands of all time. I remember the first time I heard them. I was in a pizza place with my brother and his baseball team after they won a game and one of the kids played "(You Gotta) Fight for Your Right (to Party!)" on the jukebox. I must have been 7 or 8. I thought it was the coolest song and then when I saw the video on MTV, I thought it was even cooler. When I was in high school I remember "performing" (hardly) with a bunch of my friends a lip sync/skit to "Paul Revere." We didn't have to audition because we were all in Student Council and we put the show on. Well, we ended up getting in trouble for using fake guns and pretending we were drinking beer. CLASSIC. Anyway, I have tons of memories of listening to The Beastie Boys. The topper was seeing them in Denver during their Gala Tour. They encouraged everyone to dress up as if they were going to a Gala. We even rented a limo. It was awesome. 

Needless to say, it was heartbreaking to hear of MCA's passing last week.  So, in memory of Adam, I would like to dedicate this T-shirt Tuesday to him! Thanks for the beats. RIP.

No comments:

Post a Comment