Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Take me out to the ball game...






My dad has been a Cubs fan forever. My brother and I were raised loving the Cubs. I still remember my first game at Wrigley Field when the Cubs played the Pirates. I think I was in 4th grade and our seats were on the 1st base line. It was only natural that my dad wanted to take Gray to his first Cubs game. When my parents were here last week for my dad's birthday, we got tickets to see the Cubs play the Rockies (thanks to our friend Zack for getting our tickets).

Gray did pretty well. He lasted through the 5th inning. He was scared to death when the crowd cheered loudly, but he LOVED looking around at all of the action. It was a great day, with the exception of my poor mom getting hit in the face with a foul ball (she is ok and we got to watch the replay over and over when we got home).

I am so glad we got to do this with my parents. It won't be the last time we go to a Cubs game together. Gray is counting down the days until his cousin is born so Grandpa can take both of them to a game....COME ON OUT BABY BOHN.

GOOOOOOO CUBBIES!

1 comment:

  1. Love the pictures of grammy and grandpa at the Cubs ballgame. It doesn't get much better than that...
    Love,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete